As a non-profit organization, our future depends on the financial support of caring and forward-thinking sponsors. VARC is very thankful to the dedicated individuals and volunteers, organizations and corporations that have donated time, money and resources to furthering our cause and ensuring the future of what we do.
The birds of the world are in serious trouble and common species are now in decline all around the globe. Migratory birds are suffering the most precipitous decline of any animal group on earth. Research and monitoring are essential to guiding successful conservation and management actions. In addition to collecting data to safeguard habitat for birds, VARC conducts extensive public outreach and education to raise awareness of the many anthropogenic environmental challenges. None of this could be done without the generous support of our sponsors.
Want to help support VARC and join our incredible sponsors in this vital call to action? Great news!! We are always in need of funding and would love to connect with you on all the ways in which your organization can make a difference today.
Here are two key benefits to becoming a VARC sponsor:
- You are directly helping birds and the environment! Funding significantly increases the scope and scale of all of our research and conservation projects including the banding operation at the Colony Farm Station, stimulating interest in wild birds and nature through our education and public outreach initiatives, and training volunteers and interns to continue this important work.
- Free promotional opportunities! VARC has a considerable and respected profile in the Greater Vancouver Regional District and VARC members are regularly invited speakers to business groups (e.g., Rotary), naturalist groups (e.g., BC Nature, Greater Vancouver Zoo) and universities (e.g., UBC, SFU, UVI, UFV, BCIT, Kwantlen, Capilano). Our presentations and workshops are well known within the community and are used as a platform to educate and raise awareness of environmental issues and the importance of safeguarding habitat for breeding and migratory birds. All of these events offer promotional opportunities to give profile for corporate sponsors through VARC’s activities both at the banding station and in the wider public and business communities.
VARC also recognizes the generous support of previous sponsors that have kept us going for over 10 years!
A BIG THANK YOU TO VARC’S PREVIOUS SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS:
- The Province of British Columbia
- Fortis BC
- Vancity Credit Union
- Shell Canada
- Baillie Fund
- McLean Foundation
- Dillon Consulting
- Whole Foods
- Wild Birds Unlimited Vancouver
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Dick’s Lumber and Building Supplies